Here are some answers to frequent questions that we receive, along with some helpful information.

In some instances, the best thing to do is go straight down to the police station,submit to arrest, and post the bond immediately. This can be done with a straight cash payment or through a bail bondsperson. In many instances, it is actually better to make arrangements with the police to turn yourself in at 6:30 a.m. on a specific morning, and then be brought to the Courthouse which issued the warrant. In that circumstance, your lawyer will have an opportunity to argue your bond amount before a Judge, and in most cases, the bond will be dramatically lowered. Knowing which path to take depends on your attorney’s knowledge of the various courthouses, and the different Judges who will be hearing your bond argument. Some Judges will actually INCREASE bonds after an arraignment. YOU MUST KNOW who you are going to be appearing in front of, the type of case, and the likely outcome of not simply posting the originally set bond. At Soulsby & Levin, we routinely appear in every court throughout Connecticut. We know the Judges who will be sitting on arraignments, and can help you make the decision as to which way to handle this situation.

Please view “Debt Collector and Creditor Harassment” under the Practice Areas to view common FDCPA violations.
A bankruptcy filing is a public record. However, no one outside of your creditors or investigating attorneys is likely to find out. When you file for bankruptcy, your name is entered into a database, which can only be viewed by those who have a PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) account. There are fees for accessing this information, therefore, unless someone is specifically looking into you for this reason, your personal decisions are likely to remain personal.
Yes there is! We have prevented the license suspension for those who have done both. At Soulsby & Levin, we have one of the best records for license restoration of any law firm in Connecticut. Call us for a free consultation so that we can evaluate your case and fight for your right to drive your automobile.
Our attorneys are admitted to all appear in ALL state and federal courts throughout Connecticut. Our offices are centrally located in Hartford County to facilitate our frequent appearances there, as well as those in Middlesex County, New London County, & Tolland County.

Do You Have Any Question?

Contact us or call us anytime!

Contact Us