Peter W. Soulsby, Esq.
Peter Soulsby has been successfully defending clients charged with criminal and motor vehicle offenses for over 25 years. Prior to defense work, he was an Assistant State’s Attorney for 13 years, giving him over 30 years of experience with the Criminal Justice System. He has been extremely successful in litigating numerous cases on both sides of the system, prosecution and defense, and has negotiated thousands of plea agreements over the years.
Peter is well respected in the legal community and known for his ability to evaluate a case and to achieve the best possible results for his clients. Having served as the Director of Safety and Legal Counsel to the Connecticut Motor Transport Association, as well as one of the Clerks of the Transportation Committee at the State Legislature, Peter has extensive knowledge and experience with matters involving motor vehicle violations, including commercial trucking and DUI/DWI. He has prevailed at many trials and hearings involving DUI, narcotics, weapons, sexual assault, arson and other criminal charges.
Peter has been a featured speaker on DUI/DWI proceedings at seminars for the Hartford County Bar Association as well the Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. He has also been a featured speaker on Criminal Court Proceedings for the Hartford County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense- Felonies and Misdemeanors
- BUI (Boating Under the Influence)
- Traffic Tickets & Commercial Motor Vehicle Matters
Jurisdictions Where Admitted
- State of Connecticut, Superior Court 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. 1980
- University of Notre Dame Law School Exchange Program, London Centre for Legal Studies 1979
- University of Connecticut, B.A. in History & Economics, 1976
- The Soulsby Law Firm, Managing Member, 2013 – Present
- Marlborough Legal Services, LLC, Managing Member, 2008 – 2012
- Butler Norris & Gold, Partner, 1995 – 2008
- Office of the State’s Attorney, Assistant State’s Attorney, 1982 – 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Motor Transport Association
- Connecticut Motorsports Business Association
Do You Have Any Question?
Contact us or call us anytime!